On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on
>Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:17:28 -0800 (PST), Tim Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> tim> sco5-gcc FAILS (removing ${x86_elf_asm} should fix this)
> tim>          I don't think anyone tries to put gnu ld on
> tim>          SCO OpenServer 5.
>
> Uhmm, we're talking gnu as, not gnu ld.  Does your statement still
> stand?

Duh, yes my statement still stands.
Sorry, most of my focus is on getting a server ready to install
Monday.

> Also, are there other SCO users on this list with different
> experiences, or is it the same for everyone?

I wonder if there is even enyone else on the list testing on
SCO OpenServer. None of the 0.9.7 sco builds have worked until about
a week ago and I've not seen any report from any other SCO user.

Any SCO users out there?

> In any case, as far as I see we have two choices for 0.9.7:
>
> 1. insert the proposed perl filter (it works as stated, and I feel
>    quite confident with it, since Perl works the same everywhere).

I vote for putting the perl filter in the solaris section.
It won't do anything for SCO OpenServer but it will make UnixWare/OpenUNIX
work and probably any other SVR4. (like ReliantUNIX)

--
Tim Rice                                Multitalents    (707) 887-1469
[EMAIL PROTECTED]