> appro> Yet I'd dare:-) If it was up to me and if Tim is with us [i.e. is ready
> appro> to swiftly verify a snapshot on explicit request], I'd pull it [unified
> appro> *586-elf.o rules] even now:-) I have Linux and Solaris/Intel,
> appro> login.openssl.org is a FreeBSD machine... So shall we?
>
> I suggest not.

Oops! Missed smiley after "so shall we." I mean I'm not actually
suggesting to pull it *now*. But I'm serious about 0.9.7a...

> appro> As far as I can tell the only target that shouldn't work in
> appro> 0.9.7-beta6 is sco5-gcc and only if you don't have GNU
> appro> assembler around. The rest of targets should work.  They lack
> appro> assembler support, but they're operational. What is being
> appro> discussed here is *proposed* patch adding support for assembler
> appro> modules to the targets in question.
>
> OK, now I have a better picture.  For some reason, I didn't see the
> beginning of this thread.  If sco5-gcc currently doesn't use any
> assembler and "works" with such a configuration,

Well, I meant that sco5-gcc is the only one [among ~16 being discussed]
that *uses* assembler modules and *therefore* might not work *unless*
gcc is configured to invoke gnu assembler. I don't know if gnu assembler
is mandatory for gcc installation on SCO or is it optional like in
Solaris. But in either case we can always point at no-asm.

A.