  Original Message
From: Thierry Carrez
Sent: Friday, 14 April 2017 09:34

[...]
I like the Lego analogy. While it is, in the end, a bunch of building
blocks of various shape and function, we don't describe Lego as a
"collection of blocks". We describe it as "the Lego system" (one
platform) that lets you build stacks in various ways. What makes the
value of the platform is the common experience of operating the blocks,
and the fact that Lego stacks built by someone else are interoperable
with your stacks.

Like all analogies, this one is not perfect (in particular it horribly
fails to capture the "open" nature of the stack), but I think it's still
useful to inform on what OpenStack is.