                From:   John Kanagaraj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Thursday, August 15, 2002 4:24 PM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
                Subject:        RE: Oracle Arm Twisting?

                I agree with Catherine. Oracle Apps (esp. 11i and bleeding
edge versions)
                generate about 5 - 6 TARs a day at times at my current
client. However, as
                far as other 'simple' applications are concerned, where the
DB is just a
                simple repository (of say usernames and passwords for a Web
server), full
                Oracle Support is an overkill. An oh, for this kind of
support, my client
                had purchased 'Premium Support' that comes with a fixed
number of onsite
                days, Weekly TAR review and a special number to call that is
NOT staffed by
                the usual 'Run to WebIV for any question' types.

                John Kanagaraj
                Oracle Applications DBA
                DB Soft Inc
                Work : (408) 970 7002

                Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at
                http://www.klove.com

                ** The opinions and facts contained in this message are
entirely mine