First off, 60 new people is a good problem! No matter how advanced anyone
is, if we don't make it welcoming for new people we won't have a dance
anymore.

There's a lot to be said about being a welcoming group that people would
like to coming back to. Organizers and dance angels can invite and suggest
that dancing with experienced dancers will help them learn more quickly.
The organizer who does announcements can mention it. But the most of the
dance management falls on the caller and their programming on-the-fly.

I'm not sure how it is where you are, but in Southeastern New England the
newbies and beginners wear themselves out quickly with skipping, bouncing,
and laughing, so not many last until after the break. Callers can pull out
more challenging dances after the break. They also need to accommodate for
other factors, like the heat, masking and the age/fitness level of dancers.

When encouraging people to couple with someone else, please be careful not
to go past suggesting and inviting to pushing or demanding. It can backfire
on you if you push people to do something they don't feel comfortable
doing. Even when people do take the advice, they oftentimes end up pairing
off again with their friends afterwards. Beyond the caller encouraging
them, and dancers suggesting and inviting, that's as far as you can
comfortably go.

I have myself been told to dance with a particular new person by someone
who has good intentions to include people, but also has a tendency to
micromanage. My response is that I'm able to make my own decisions about
when I dance and who I chose to dance with.

Re: New Callers-
I'd prefer to call it "home growing" rather than "grooming", but if you've
got a group you're working with, it would be worth getting regular
consultation with experienced callers on things like dance management. CDSS
is a good source for materials also.