A thought on the topic of dance angels...

Would it be helpful to try matching age groups of the beginners and angels?
Having a shared social reference frame (for lack of a better phrase) could
help incorporate those dancers more comfortably? I mention this as we had a
slug of incoming students from an area private school arrive at our dance
as newcomers and our friendly and helpful older crew did the community
thing - which was great but slightly put them off. The lack of folks in
their age group came up in my later conversation with them - they had a
great time but were looking to mix more with folks of their own age. Of
course that's a chicken/egg thing (I encouraged them to bring more of their
friends next time), but...