I agree with a lot of the stuff that has already been said. This sounds like a
pretty challenging situation, but, as others have said, also an opportunity to
grow those many beginners into experienced members of your community.

A lot of the advice that’s been given is for callers, but, as an organizer, you
can put that guidance into the information you send to callers ahead of time.
If they need to stick to simple dances, tell them so. If they need to include a
few complex dances, but later in the evening, tell them that too. At BIDA our
guide encourages callers to program a mixer early in the evening, which I
personally think goes a long way toward making beginners comfortable dancing
with people other than the person they came with, which in turn enables more
complex dances. Though with over 50% newcomers, the impact of that may be
limited to start with. (Maybe 50% of our callers take this advice.)

I’d also do what you can to encourage beginners to come back—Don’s suggestions
on this front are good. Those beginners will become experienced dancers before
long if you can get them to stick around.

You could also hold special events as a way to draw out experienced dancers who
are not excited at the moment about coming to a regular dance, but might make
an effort for something more occasional. An couple hours of advanced dancing in
the afternoon before an evening dance can satisfy the need for more complex
dances and hopefully some of those experienced dancers will stick around for
the evening dance as long as they’re out. If you can pair this with a much
beloved band and caller, so much the better.

Best of luck!
Harris