Geof writes:
> On page 999 of JBJ, note 22, Eisenman writes: '....followed by the
> tradition in the Yalkut on Jer.35.12, that the grandsons of the
Rechabites
> served in the Temple and their daughters married the sons of the
Priests.'

I have foolishly let go of my copy of JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS.

But I specifically remember a footnote that quotes the 2 sections of
Talmud that testify to Rechabites gaining entre into the priestly world
by marrying the children of the High Priest.

I wish I had the footnotes right in front of me.... but if someone
has a copy of the book in front of them... it should be straightforward
to find.

I will be responding to some of the other posts today or tomorrow.

George Brooks
Tampa, FL

For private reply, e-mail to George Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>