Hi Simon,

As Alberto Luaces said, there is an external library for OSG to support
various polygon technologies, osgModeling (
http://code.google.com/p/osgmodeling/) is completely new work and not
familiar to others. But there have been already Bezier, NURBS, extrusions,
revolutions (constructed by a profile rotated specified angles) and lofts
(constructed by lofting a series of curves that define the cross section on
a specified path) functions, also the boolean operation based on BSP tree of
geometries.

A future version will conclude the subdivision function (Loop and Sqrt3, and
easy to add more) and a new NormalVisitor with 6 methods to calculate the
weights and generate normals. It will be released in 1-2 weeks but you could
check out the SVN version now.

Hope it will help if you have a similar plan. The project is LGPL and you
may use it freely, although tons of bugs in it at present. :)

Wang Rui