Hi Rafa,

osgEarth renders each image layer in a separate texture unit and uses
multi-texturing to apply them at run time. So, you can adjust each layer's
appearance, visibility and blending by tweaking the texture attributes. This
approach is of course limited to your available texture units. We have plans
to incorporate additional techniques including run-time image compositing
and multi-pass rendering.

Adding and removing sources dynamically is not something we've tried yet,
though I believe the architecture will readily support it. It's on the list.

I saw your post the other day about OSG Virtual Planets, and it looks
impressive. I plan to take a closer look when I get a chance!

Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com :
+1.703.652.4791