Hi Art,

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Art Tevs <arti_t...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> So you think using only one name (first or last name, whatever) is already
> enough for us? I just do want to have some concrete knowledge of what do you
> want to have. We need some rules, however, in order to implement filtering
> systems, I need concrete wishes.

Ideally you'd have both, the full name so you know which John or Jose
you are talking to, and the personal name used in 1 to 1 conversation.

> Believe me or not, but this possibility is already there. There is some kind
> of template message appearing whenever you want to write a post through the
> forum. So users don't even need to type something extra, it is already there.
> The template looks like:
> ---
> Hi,

> Thank you!
> ---
>
> Maybe you have seen the "..." in the posted messages in the last days ;)
>
> So, what should I do more? If a user isn't able to even follow that template,
> what should we then do??? I have no answer for this.

The template is useful for sure and may well be a the route to making
things map better between forums and mailing list.  J.P's suggest of
putting the posters name after the Thank you!/Cheers would be probably
be good.  Forum users seeing something similar to what mailing list
users see would certainly be a good sanity check before posting.

I was wondering about the signature itself being customizable/tailored
to each user.

The fullname is already typically displayed as the From address.