Hi Simon,

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:38 AM, Simon Armstrong <nitrolo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This comes as a surprise.
>
> After reviewing contents of my OpenSceneGraph-2.9.6 directory including
> license, readme and directory layout I find your statement a little matter of
> fact considering the way in which this information has been disclosed.

In the src/osgPlugins/3ds directory there is a README that explains
the LGPL license, this README has been in place since the inception of
this plugin, nearly a decade now.  So the "matter of fact" is that I'm
not disclosing any new information that hasn't been available to
everybody since the very earliest days of the OSG project.

Now one could try and formalize the licensing of plugins, perhaps even
make it possible in CMake to select the license and prevent
compilation of the components that don't fit with that license.  I'm
not a Cmake guru so can't point to an clean and easy way to do this
right out the way, I'm open to suggest though.