Robert,
Looks like this issue is fixed thanks to the Voerman PR, but for posterity
I will clarify the reproduction steps:

Run the example and pitch the camera to a sharp angle so the view vector is
almost parallel to the polygon. You will see the telltale aliasing due to
the lack of a mipmapping min-filter on the texture. Then set the
OSG_GL_TEXTURE_STORAGE env var to OFF, and repeat; you will see the
min-filter acting as expected.

Glenn Waldron