I haven't built OsmAnd for over a year and did not follow the developments
either.

I hope some of the devs will react.

And with regard to your remark: "but compilation takes all day". Only the
first build as all external need to be compiled. Once that done they are
not recompiles and your compilation runs should finish with 5-15 minutes
(depending on your cpu, memory, ssd/hdd)

Harry