On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 6:15:00 AM UTC-7, Xavier wrote:

> For myself, I've prepared routes in OsmAnd ahead of time, and when I've
> used the "show home screen" button (or the "show running apps" button
> and then picking another running app) I've never experienced the
> prepared route disappearing in OsmAnd.
>
> That;s a good advice. Thanks! I'll keep that in mine next time :)

> >But this time, OsmAnd ALWAYS set destination to my first intermediate
> >waypoint, resetting my actual destination (Home).
>
> Today OsmAnd has updated itself to 3.4.2 (released 2019-07-10).
Unfortunately this version is worse, than its predecessor... As usual, I
set destination - Home. Then no matter what I do, it always reset its
destination from Home to my first intermediate destination as my actual
destination. :(  And no matter what I do, the result is ALWAYS the same -
it changes destination... WTF???

This is the part where you are performing a very unique method of
> routing.

What's unique about it? I did it many times before and it always worked
well. But now, when I tap on "DIRECTIONS" button (right bottom corner)
there is no any menu asking to set is it as "first intermediate
destination" or "last intermediate destination". Now, it sets destination
to that waypoint all the time...
Do you know how to get that menu back?

> >Sitting in my car, I tried it again and again.  Perhaps after 20th
> >attempt I gave up, ending without any route...  I drove my car without
> >OsmAnd instructions :(

And now it's even worse. I can't get to menu offering  "first intermediate
destination" or "last intermediate destination".

> But, could you not have simply routed to each end point as a
> "destination", then at the last end point, asked OsmAnd to route you
> home from that location?

 There is no way to do it. It always sets new destination to intermediate
destination...

> Maybe try inputting the final 'stop' just prior to returning home as
> your initial destination, then adding additional waypoints if you are
> setting up a route through several stops, then inserting 'home' as an
> absolute final destination last.  That way at least OsmAnd always has
> at least one location that is away from your present location ('home')
> so it will not think the route is over before it has begun.

See my answer above.