On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 02:24:32PM -0700, OA wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 6:56:56 PM UTC-7, Xavier wrote:

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 03:36:17PM -0700, OA wrote:
>Today I've updated OsmAnd to 3.4.4 (released 2019-07-15). and it
continues
>It's completely useless now :(

I have attached four images.

Thank you for your 4 images!

You are welcome.

I do not add intermediate destination every time I use OsmAnd. I always use my Favorites to set intermediate destinations. I keep set of my favorite destinations in one place. When I need to set a new route, I go there, tap on the destination and ... OsmAnd immediately starts navigation, replacing my destination with that one taken from Favorites... :( That's completely different from what I used before.

I do not see that behavior with the slightly older version that is still on F-Droid. Going to favorites and picking one takes me to the location of the favorite, but does not start a navigation. I have to tab a "directions" button to begin a navigation to the selected favorite.

As I've mentioned above, there is no way for me to see "first or last"
intermediate destinations in menu. OsmAnd starts navigation right away...

Then don't try to set an intermediate destination via that method anymore. Use the method of going to favorites and tapping a favorite as a quick way to set a final destination.

Fourth, I again touch the "+" area highlighted on Image-1.png, and pick

a second map marker named "Intermediate 2".  The result is shown in
Image-4.png.  Note, I now have two intermediate destinations, and
OsmAnd has not reset my final destination (it remains "Start", exactly
where I had initially set it when first reaching Image-2.png).

How do these steps differ from how you have been attempting to add
intermediate destinations and finding your final destination reset?

Why I have to add a second map marker?

You do not. I only used map markers because they were the easiest and fastest way for me to create a random route to demonstrate the steps and button presses.

The dialog that appears from the "+" button from the images allows selection from map markers, favorites, the default home and work settings, selecting a position on the map directly, searching, and by entering an address.

I always use my Favorites to add (and keep) all my intermediate destinations.

Yes, this is (presumably) the intended use for favorites.

But OsmAnd has stopped offering menu, where I can set intermediate destinations (first and last one).

Use the small "+" button I highlighted on Image-1.png to add intermediate destinations now. Set your start and final to where-ever you want them to be (home and home is always one possibility) then use the "+" button to add intermediates.

Once you have one or more intermediates, a small pencil icon on the right of the intermediates row in the navigation pane will take you to a dialog where you can reorder the intermediates (touch and drag the left edge icon of any to move it up/down in the list). You can also add more intermediates from this dialog as well, using a "+ Add" button.

It just starts navigation immediately :(

Given the changes made, it stands to reason that you'll need to change slightly how you insert your destination and intermediate entries into OsmAnd.