On: Monday, September 29, 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > OK I have thought of a specific question for us. Food and food preparation.
Thanks Jody - I share your interest in these details of daily living and the cultural differences - as you may have noticed already (-: > Where do you live? Copenhagen, Denmark > Would you describe your location as urban, suburban, or rural? Urban, > How many adults live in your home? One, me. > How many older children who drive? None (still living in the home. I have a daughter, 25, living on her own). > How many young children? One, boy, 15. > Who buys the food? Me, mostly. > Who puts away the food? Me, mostly. > Who prepares the food? Me, mostly. > Who cleans up after meals? Me mostly, but a get a bit more help here... > Do you feel that you as one of the adults are competent in food choice and > preparation? Yes, I'm content with my competance for this small household. Cooking for several guests is an issue.. > Do you feel you have enough time to handle the food tasks? Could use more help and more time. Esp. for shopping. Have no car, and mostly shop on my way home from work. Expensive, because of the small quantities I can carry in my backpack.... > What shortcuts are helpful at your house? Definately my boyfriend and his power chair, when he visits weekends! Great for shopping larger quantities, and also for carrying laundry. Also cooking larger portions and storing half in the freezer. Simple do-it-yourself food like tacoes or pitabreads - then I just fix some meat, open the fridge and whistle - son shows up and helps turn it into a meal (-: Also (don't laugh!) got our first microwave oven this month. Now son started heating some meals (leftovers), and also makes us popcorn! > How do you instruct, train, or coerce your offspring to participate in labor > related to food? I try to make it attractive, interesting and sometimes nescessary for him..... (have tried making agreements on him having a weekly day cooking, but didn't work)-: > Do you feel your offspring will be competent in this area of life? Some day, yes, but not very soon..... > I will answer myself this evening I must have lost this in my last deletion raid - but I will look in the archieves! Thanks again Jody for providing this opportunity! susanne, denmark *****************************��********************************** To remove yourself from the OTnow mail list, send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] In the message, indicate what address you want removed from OTnow - List messages are archived at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] *****************************��***********************************
