On Friday 31 October 2003 17:15, Andrea Robertson wrote:
> I also have direct experience
> with Grantly Dick Read through his son, who enrolled in our Graduate
> Diploma but failed to complete the written work. We had the opportunity to
> discuss the underlying ideas of his father in a workshop, but I felt that,
> in some ways, they lacked credibility (although well meaning, and obviously
> caring) becasue they were based on observation and were not borne of
> personal insights.

I would hazard that Leigh Dick-Read has contacted half this list (and got a
cool response from most)!!!  I wonder if your experience with him has
coloured your interpretation of what hypnobirthing is about?  It seems to me
the practice of hypnobirthing would only augment the endorphin release you
described.

Hey, if it helps women overcome their childbirth fears and allows them to have
a positive birth experience (with, or without pain) then what could possibly
be wrong with it?

Jodie Miller
(consumer advocate)