A big Yes. I have a ist D now for 6 months and pondered for maybe two
years if I would make the switch, I didn't regret it for a second.
I also got a 5400 minolta scanner to digitize my older films and I am
not impressed with the scan workflow and scan quality. 6 mp raw was a
big surprise for me. I probably will never use color negative or
positive film again (b&w could be another story). I now have several
bodies as reminders of the past.
Toine