Rick,

As most everyone knows, I'm a bit of a film junkie.  However, at the
camera clinic last year Vinny Colluci gave a very convincing lecture
on the the benefits of using digital for event shooting.  Paul's reply
touched on that same subject.

My two cents:  Buy the camera.  If you decide you don't care much for
it, you can most likely sell it for close to what you paid for it.
Or, have your kids drop out of school and get yourself the 645D when
it becomes available.  <g>