----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Tainter" Subject: Re: More rumors ... (and happy New Year)

> Sony is supposed to come with an FF sensor and camera in 2007
> (supposedly first part of 2007).
>
> -----
>
> Is anyone else thinking that this is something to consider when deciding
> whether to buy one of the very expensive forthcoming DA* zooms, or any
> other expensive DA lens?

It's something to consider, but for me it has been trumped by the needs of
the now.
Right now, APS C sized sensors are what is available to me, so if I want a
particular AOV, I need to buy a focal length that gives me that. Since what
is available is DA lenses, that is what I am buying to fill those holes.
The only DA lens I have bought that I could have filled with an FA lens is
the DA40. I could have bought the FA43 for a lot more money, but on FF, I
never saw the use for that particular length, so the 40 is a good (and
relatively inexpensive) compromise for a long standard.
There may be a move to 24x36mm sensors in the future, if that happens, then
I may be in the market for another lens or two.
Or perhaps not, since my short focal length full frame lenses will be wide
angle lenses again
So it goes, one can never have too many lenses.

William Robb