Not gonna happen. Both Nikon and Canon have essentially plateaued in
their development. Look at the 30D, which may get a mild bump this year
(to the 400D/XTi 10MP sensor and a larger buffer, mostly for marketing).
The only major release from Nikon I'd expect anytime soon is an 8MP D3H
or a rolling of the D2Xs and D2Hs into one body (And honestly, that's
the D2Xs, which can do anything the D2Hs can at the same speed in HSC
mode, the D2Hs stays around because it's cheaper).

-Adam