Charles Robinson wrote:

>It may be heresy to say it, but I'm one of those people.
>
>I use RAW only for the "once in a lifetime, I'm not going to get this
>chance again" photos where I'm unsure what the outcome of the photo
>is going to be.  For day-to-day shooting, I stick with JPG and it is,
>for me, 'good enough'.
>
>Not arguing against the benefits of RAW - but for the everyday photos
>and the quite-casual work that I do (for fun not for money) shooting
>RAW is a pain in the ass in terms of the space it occupies, and the
>"fiddling" that is required to "process" the images.
>
>I guess it's a good thing we all have a choice!
>
>As for DPReview - I love looking at the specs and the pictures of the
>various cameras.  The actual testing process and evaluations don't
>mean so much for me.

It's not heresy at all. There's nothing wrong with shooting the way you
like to shoot, however that might be. Your post illustrates my point:
You shoot mostly JPEG, so you're the target for whom the extensive DP
Review tests are written. But you (rightly, IMO) don't pay much
attention to the tests. DP Review has always written their tests for a
group that generally isn't interested in tests.

The people who would/should be interested in the tests prefer emphasis
on Raw output and better testing methodology like comparing camera
bodies with the same lens, but DP Review doesn't provide it for them.