Peter I hope you're reading this.

Because damn, coming from you that hurts. You're one of the people
I've always seen as sincere and genuine in a discussion. You always
stand your ground and that's admirable in its own right no matter what
your opinions are. And I trust you to not be someone who condones the
deliberate hurting of people. In fact I think if you felt something
was torture you'd be against it. In other words, I love you too, man.

I'm open to fact and logic.And I ask the same of you.

If AI or the UN say it wasn't torture I'll accept their judgement. If
'not for a long time to be privately fucking civilian' Manning says it
was I'll believe him, too. I have to give him that. If an ex CIA
staffer says publically that extraordinary renditions work like: "If
you want someone harshly questioned, send them to Jordan. If you want
them tortured, send them to Syria. And if you want someone to
disappear for good, send them to Egypt." Not the exact wording but
I'll find the name and source for you if you want it.

By the same token I fully believe you when you say they wouldn't do it
for lack of percentage. But believe me in my 25 or so years of
thinking teen and adult life I've seen vast numbers of people do vast
numbers of very odd things for vast numbers of very odd perceived
percentages that would never even occur to me.

What I'm saying is that just because you're in your right mind doesn't
make everyone else that way.

Sincerely
Ecke