Why is it that whenever someone raises this point, they always fail to recognize that the people who are subjected to waterboarding also are subjected to it in training. They know how it works. It's just that it's unpleasant enough to remain effective.

That said, I'd gladly submit myself to waterboarding if you'll allow me to deploy any of the tactics typically used by the people being subjected to it in return.

-- Walt