On 9 April 2013 04:43, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:

> That does not match my experience (monitors and computers having similar
> lifespans).  My HP LP2065 is almost six years old and still going strong.
> I've had some bad luck with desktops, this is my third or fourth in the
> same time period, but it would be unusual to have only one.

Out of curiosity I just checked my main workstation HP LP2065's the
one built Sept 2006 has 46006 on time hours and the one built June
2008 has 35281 on time hours, pretty impressive really for cold
cathode back-lit displays.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours