On 9 April 2013 05:02, Steve Sharpe <d...@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> In my experience, PC's don't have the longevity of Macs.

Not my experience, I run Dells, IBMs and homebrew systems (based on
top line components) and I have many reliable dell desktops that I
really can't believe are still working away perfectly and servers that
are ancient, the only boxes that I have found to be truly unreliable
are the IBM 1RU servers, I've had an inordinate amount of them die
after only 5 years service. The system that I am working on right now
had a supply date of June 2007 and many of my displays are older than
that, in fact I should look into my old work horse HP2065's as they
have an hour meter for the screen power and back-lighting (curious as
they all still calibrate very well).

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours