I think I see what you're saying. Well, on one hand it makes sense because to establish the point of whether we're hardwired or not would have great influence on how this conversation would develop.

On the other hand, Frank, again, if I understand you correctly, you say that the sexualization of the woman's body (or parts thereof) is effectively made by conscious choice or is result of how modern society treats women, which as you say has nothing to do with hardwiring or whatever animal past we may have.

This may be true but just like Paul's appeal to hardwiring, it seems to me it would require some reference. That's why I said what I said before.

Again, I meant no disrespect to either of you, none whatsoever.

As for your coming to Israel. I haven't seen such a behavior in other countries, although I couldn't say that I visited many or spent long enough time in those I happened to visit. Consider this example that happened to me just yesterday in one of the places where we eat lunch at work.

Normally this place has no waiters - you take your food along the line, pay by the counter, sit down, eat, leave the place. Your dishes are taken after you leave.

This specific couple, in fact, the lady of the couple probably placed some special order and hence it was brought to their table by the guy who usually collects the dishes from the tables. So the guy politely approaches the lady, she smiles back, he gives her the dish, she totally removes him from her environment, turning back to her companion. However, previously she was given some kind of a token to indicate that she's the one to whom the dish had to be brought. So the poor fellow kindly asks her to give that token back to him. Without looking at him she picks it up and extends her arm in his general direction. No eye contact, no nothing. He does not exist as far as her body language goes, and trust me I watched very closely. He takes the token and leaves.

In my personal way of things, that was very denigrating behavior on her part. Further, to ever sadder state of affairs, the waiter was black (as in Ethiopian Jew), she was white (probably Ashkenazi Jew). I sat by the table next to them.

These things happen not like once a week, but rather lots of times every day around me. I would very much like to have you witness some of them in person and then I would very much like to talk with you about these things, also in person. That's obviously beside great many other things I would like to show you in my country and themes that I might want to discuss with you when you come.

Boris