On Mar 5, 2014, at 10:59 AM, Dario Bonazza <dario.bona...@virgilio.it> wrote:

> And if you truly want to act 'like' shooting film, well... you know... shoot
> film.
> Dario
> (still thinking a B&W-only digital camera makes very little sense)

It makes sense in one narrow range. When color is not needed, and you need the
most
sensitivity and resolution possible out of your sensor, then it makes sense. I
suspect that
it might give a two Moore-cycle boost in performance.

Then there are the bragging rights.

Note, however, if we consider camera systems, and he already has a color Leica,
then this will allow him to get significantly better black and white
performance for the cost of only about 8-15 lenses or so.