I view it more like getting $1000 trade-in credit for my 2 year old K-1.

On 2/22/2018 12:21, Leng-Feng wrote:
It will be like you paid $550 for using K1 for a year and get to "upgrade"
to the latest and greatest. :)

If it is like $299 or $350 I think I will do it right away. For $550, I
might wait a bit (especially many have negative experience with Precision
Camera?)

Personally, I think except the better noise processing that required
hardware change, other features can be done via firmware upgrade to K1. So
$550 is a bit steep.

Lee