I have a positive loathing for Precision Camera, from experiences more than 40 years ago.  It takes a lot to make one still dislike an organization, after a gap of 40 years.  They were an early promulgator of the idea that the customer was always wrong.

I was working for a Camera retailer at the time, and I well remember the call from one of their technicians to tell me that they would not honor the warranty on my MX because it had some cosmetic damage.

I accepted that, and told them to make the repair, and that I would pay for it, which was to a wonky meter, a known problem, from the factory, that required the replacement of one part.

The fact that neither I nor our in house repair tech, who examined the camera before sending it out, noticed the small dent in the top plate, that the Precision tech said voided said warranty, well things happen.

When I got the camera back they had reshaped the top plate so that the damage was now clearly noticeable, and had not actually repaired the actual metering problem.  Oh, and yes they did charge me for both that and making the cosmetic damage very noticeable.

When I called back to complain that the actual problem hadn't been repaired, and that the work they had actually done was unnecessary, as I didn't care that much if there was a small dent in the top plate, since the camera wasn't under warranty,  but mostly I complained that the meter was still wonky.

I was told that I could send it back but they'd charge me for the new repair.

Since then I've recommended to anyone who asked advice on camera repair to use anyone but Precision, to help Precision into their inevitable chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Unfortunately in this I have failed.  At a guess I would say that most people don't actually talk to a Precision representative, and take out their anger on the retailer, most of whom have pretty horrible levels of service these days as well.