Dale - only been using Pentax for 50 years :-)

When I finally decided to slowly transition to digital from my sweet LX, I I got a little p&S Canon that had the flip screen.. then went to a Powershot pro-1 (while still doing a lot of film photography) I took it on a long cross country trip in 2005.  Loved it foreverything .. stealth shooting,
ground level  shooting teeny tiny plants ...etc..

It will be difficult enough for me to put together the funds for the body anytime soon... I too have a golden oldy prime 50mm smc but it is a mess and I use it as  loupe  . Still use a 28 mm occasionally, but the DA18-55 will have to do me for quite a while.

ann