Ben N., list,

Ben N., you wrote,

   It is not worth going further into why--unless someone knows a way
   to get around the disabling of Intelex CDs as a result of their change.
   [end quote]

The old InteLex CD-ROMs became unusable not because of being disabled by InteLex but because of changes in Windows. This affected many old CDs, such as those with video games, and not just InteLex. The InteLex CDs had searchable databases. The last version of Windows that can run the InteLex CDs is either Windows XP or Windows Vista. Windows offers compatibility modes, see for example http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-run-old-programs-on-windows-10-1300470 . Maybe there are also programs purchasable online that would make it simple to run such CDs.

At the time of the InteLex's change to an institutional business model, I communicated with them, and they indicated that they would not just forget about older customers, so I told peirce-listers that if they had the old CD and had bought it directly from InteLex, then they should contact InteLex about being able to subscribe to the online version (despite not being institutions). This was years ago, I think it's too late now. I'll see what further information I can gather. InteLex's home page is at http://www.nlx.com/home . Their C.S. Peirce pages are accessible through http://www.nlx.com/authors/123 .

Best, Ben U.