Jon, list

Well, it's rather clear that we read Peirce differently.

I read the NA as an outline of the three methods of argumentation, with the use
of 'god' as an example. I think that if you google 'Peirce Neglected Argument
abduction deduction induction' that you'll find plenty of articles focused on
that.

I also don't agree with your view that the Three Universes are a 'more mature'
outline of the three categories. I see the three universes, comparing them to
Firstness, Secondness, Thirdness, do this only in the most superficial manner -
for Abduction, although acting within the freshness and novelty of Firstness
only exists as such - within the nested work of Secondness and Thirdness.
Otherwise, its content would disappear like a cloud.

And - the three categories are, in my reading of Peirce, PRIMAL - and basic to
existence, for none of the ten classes of Signs [and all existence is in Signs]
- could function without those categories.

And - you view Thirdness as Mind [or, Mind as Thirdness] whereas I consider
that Mind operates within all three categorical modes - and Thirdness requires
Secondness and Firstness as components.

So- our readings of Peirce differ quite a bit.

Edwina