Clark, list:

If you require aid in interpreting John 1:1, I would contrast a lecture by
Benedict XVI with Peirce’s “What is Christian Faith?”.

“At this point, as far as understanding of God and thus the concrete
practice of religion is concerned, we are faced with an unavoidable
dilemma. Is the conviction that acting unreasonably contradicts God's
nature merely a Greek idea, or is it always and intrinsically true? I
believe that here we can see the profound harmony between what is Greek in
the best sense of the word and the biblical understanding of faith in God.
Modifying the first verse of the Book of Genesis, the first verse of the
whole Bible, John began the prologue of his Gospel with the words: "In the
beginning was the λόγος". This is the very word used by the emperor: God
acts, σὺν λόγω, with *logos*. *Logos* means both reason and word - a
reason which is creative and capable of self-communication, precisely as
reason. John thus spoke the final word on the biblical concept of God, and
in this word all the often toilsome and tortuous threads of biblical faith
find their culmination and synthesis. In the beginning was the *logos*, and
the *logos* is God, says the Evangelist. The encounter between the Biblical
message and Greek thought did not happen by chance.” ~Benedict XVI

https://w2.vatican.va/content/benedict-xvi/en/speeches/2006/september/documents/hf_ben-xvi_spe_20060912_university-regensburg.html

“Keep your one purpose steadily and alone in view, and you may promise
yourself the attainment of your sole desire, which is to hasten the chariot
wheels of redeeming love!” ~Peirce

“Of the nature of the soul, though her true form be ever a theme of large
and more than mortal discourse, let me speak briefly, and in a figure. And
let the figure be composite — a pair of winged horses and a charioteer. Now
the winged horses and the charioteers of the gods are all of them noble and
of noble descent, but those of other races are mixed; the human charioteer
drives his in a pair; and one of them is noble and of noble breed, and the
other is ignoble and of ignoble breed; and the driving of them of necessity
gives a great deal of trouble to him.” ~Plato, Phaedrus

Hth,

Jerry Rhee