Edwina, Clark, List:

ET:  That is, this Rhematic Indexical Legisign, in itself operating as a
general type, nevertheless requires being *instantiated *in such a manner
that it is indexically 'really affected by its Object'. vSo, the Legisign
in this triad refers to an existent Object [in a mode of Secondness].

My understanding from Peirce's later work on semeiotic--with six or ten
trichotomies and 28 or 66 sign classes, rather than three and ten,
respectively--is that a legisign, *as *a legisign, *cannot *refer to an
Existent (2ns); it can *only *refer to a Necessitant (3ns).  When it is
instantiated, it is embodied as a replica--a sinsign (2ns), not a legisign
(3ns); this is, of course, the familiar type/token distinction.  An
indexical legisign thus can only represent a Necessitant (3ns) as its
object, but the *relation *between the sign and its object is nevertheless
"in a mode of 2ns."

CSP:  Sixth, a Rhematic Indexical Legisign is any general type or law,
however established, which requires each instance of it to be really
affected by its Object in such a manner as merely to draw attention to that
Object. Each Replica of it will be a Rhematic Indexical Sinsign of a
peculiar kind. The Interpretant of a Rhematic Indexical Legisign represents
it as an Iconic Legisign; and so it is, in a measure--but in a very small
measure. (CP 2.259, EP 2:294; 1903)

The CP editors suggested "a demonstrative pronoun" as an example.  The
object of "this" or "that" (as a legisign) is necessarily *general*,
because it can refer to *anything*.  It can only refer to something *in
particular*--something *actual*--when embodied (as a sinsign) in a specific
context.  At that point, it is obviously not a *concept*--and my contention
remains that all objects of concepts are general to some degree.  Is there
an example of a concept whose object is absolutely singular--determinate in
every respect?