Edwina, List:

ET:  And no, to describe your outline as mechanical, reductionist, is
hardly perjorative.

In the context of a Peirce list, those labels--as well as the others that
you used--are *definitely *pejorative.

ET:  The DO doesn't exist as a DO until and unless it functions as such
within a triad.

I would say rather that the Dynamic Object does not exist as a Dynamic
Object until and unless it functions as such in a *triadic relation* with a
Sign and an Interpretant.  I would also say that the Dynamic Object does
not exist (2ns) *at all*, strictly speaking, if it is a Possible (1ns) or a
Necessitant (3ns).

ET:  Your model posits the Representamen, the Object and the Interpretant
as each separate and existential, [three subjects] when in my analysis,
they aren't such agential subjects.

No--the Sign, Object, and Interpretant are not "separate" if by that you
mean "disconnected" or "independent," since obviously they must be in the
triadic relation of "____ stands for ____ to ____" in order to qualify for
those designations.  Furthermore, in Peirce's logic, subjects are not
necessarily "existential," if by that you mean "operating in a mode of
2ns"; a subject can also be a general (3ns) or a hypostatic abstraction of
a quality (1ns).  I have no idea what you mean here by "agential subjects."

ET:  You also seem to see the Representamen as having some kind of primary
nature and since it only exists within exisentiality - I don't see this.

Not all Signs "exist within existentiality," if by that you mean "operate
in a mode of 2ns."  Neither Qualisigns/Marks (1ns) nor Legisigns/Types
(3ns) *exist *as such, although they can be embodied as Sinsigns/Tokens
(2ns).  I have no idea what you mean here by "some kind of primary nature."

ET:  Look - we have very different interpretations of Peirce, and as i
said, we'll just have to leave it at that.

Okay, but I am still looking for an example of a concept or other
Legisign/Type whose Dynamic Object is a Possible (1ns) or an Existent
(2ns).  Of course, I do not expect you or anyone else to be able to provide
one, since Peirce held that *all *Objects of Legisigns/Types (including
concepts) are Necessitants (3ns); i.e., *generals*.  Again, your previous
attempt confused the modality of the Dynamic Object itself with that of its
relation to the Sign.

Regards,

Jon