Gary R., Phyllis, List:

Peirce did have this to say about prayer.

CSP: We, one and all of us, have an instinct to pray; and this fact
constitutes an invitation from God to pray. And in fact there is found to
be not only *soulagement *in prayer, but great spiritual good and moral
strength. I do not see why prayer may not be efficacious, or if not the
prayer exactly, the state of mind of which the prayer is nothing more than
the expression, namely the soul's consciousness of its relation to God,
which is nothing more than precisely the pragmatistic meaning of the name
of God; so that, in that sense, prayer is simply calling upon the name of
the Lord. (CP 6.516, c. 1906)

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian