Tom Lane wrote:

Zdenek Kotala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Martijn van Oosterhout napsal(a):
Not necessarily. pg_class is not shared yet without it you can't even
find pg_database. Same deal with pg_type. All it means is that
pg_collation in template1 must contain all the collations used in
template1, which shouldn't be hard to arrange.

I think, Collation situation is different,

All the argument here is based on the premise that we should have
database-level collation specifications, which AFAICS is not required
nor suggested by the SQL spec.  I wonder why we are allowing a
nonstandard half-measure to drive our thinking, rather than solving the
real problem which is column-level collations.

Wouldn't you still need per-database and per-table default collations? At least MySQL does have such a concept.

Best Regards
Michael Paesold