On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> 1. Is pgindent supposed to touch DATA() lines?  Because it does.
>
> It always has.
>
>> 2. CustomPathMethods is not in the buildfarm's typedefs.list.  Why not?
>
> Probably because there are no variables, parameters, or fields declared
> with that typedef, so it doesn't get into the debugger symbol table of
> any .o file.  Grep says that the single use of the struct doesn't use
> the typedef; it's
>         const struct CustomPathMethods *methods;
> So you'd need to change that, or else tweak some code somewhere to have
> a variable explicitly declared using the typedef.

Ah.  It's a minor issue, so probably not worth worrying about.

>> - In src/backend/executor/execParallel.c, it dodges two cases where
>> pgindent does stupid things with offsetof.
>
> Well, it's also pretty stupid about sizeof, or casts generally, so
> I'm not really convinced you need to get exercised about these two
> places in particular.  But no objection to tweaking them if you
> want to.

OK, I committed this.  Barring objections, I'll go ahead and pgindent
the whole tree tomorrow.  If we're going to revert anything big then
we might want to hold off, but otherwise I think its better to get
this done sooner rather than later.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company