Hi,

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 2:16 PM, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:
>

>>> what if you want to have side by side two different themes to compare the
>>> best icons
>>> choices?
>>
>> This is a valid concern, but I do not understand how this would work if the
>> only thing you pass in iconName: is just one symbol:
>>
>>      act: aBlock iconName: aSymbol entitled: aString
>>
>> So there needs to be a lookup. This lookup will depend on the current icon
>> theme. So, you could open on window with one theme, switch the theme and
>> then open another window. Or did I misunderstand something?
>
> The idea is that all the tools: should have an iconProvider and not a global
> lookup (even if the lookup can access a global)
>> My idea was that we leave the public API of Glamour to be:
>>
>>      act: aBlock icon: aSymbolOrForm entitled: aString
>>
>> and then if you want to play with things, you can also explicitly pass one
>> icon or another (beside relying on the default lookup behavior).
>>
>> What do you think?
>     I would like to avoid clients to use Symbol >> asIcon it can be an
> internal implementation.

I think I am missing something. If it is the concrete tool that should dispatch
on the concrete icon set, then Glamour cannot get a symbol because Glamour does
not know the tool. I am a bit under time pressure, and I likely need some days
to look at this, but I will look at the code and get a better picture.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com