On 26 April 2010 08:41, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2010, at 12:06 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
>
>> Stef,
>>
>> I have read that Alien is not very good at calling functions - I have *no*
>> idea whether that is fair, but we should check before adopting it.  If it is
>> indeed poor at them, I recommend using FFI until we or its maintainers can
>> fix Alien.
>
> there are no such alien maintainers. There are us.

Innndeeeddd :)

Besides, i plan to support callbacks in NativeBoost,
so, you'll be able to handle callback without entering the interpreter
& language-side (as well as entering - at your will ;).
Handling a callbacks natively is waaay much faster than go all the way
through calling interpret(),
especially, when you need to do something very simple, like count bunnies :)
So, Alien could use a NativeBoost as extension to do things faster,
smoother & nicer :)

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.