I bet you left the makefile unchanged. Try `make book-result/welcome.html`

Here it tries to run ./pillar something something that looks correct (but
fails because I didn't download the pillar image in that directory)

DISCLAIMER: I'm not fixing the other archetypes until I'm happy with the
book one. So don't expect them to work this weekend.