On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Brian Moon wrote:

> Could someone please tell me what other then marketing speak that .NET has
> on PHP?  I guess I just don't see it.  I mean, yeah, if you want to develop
> junk at a fast pace you can use MS products.  I was a VB programmer for
> years.  I know the reliability and performance cost of doing things the MS
> way.  I just don't get it.  It is all 1's and 0's.

.NET doesn't "have anything" on PHP, anymore than .NET "has anything" on Python
or Java or C. I'm not talking about developing in VB, or directly on an MS
platform, either.

I definetly don't want to start a war (there have been enough of those on this
list the last few days :)), so I'll just suggest that you read
[http://www.ximian.com/tech/mono-index.php3] and spend some time on msdn
reading about it, instead of writing it off as marketing speak, and we can
continue this off-list.

--

John Donagher
Application Engineer, Intacct Corp.

Public key available off http://www.keyserver.net
Key fingerprint = 4024 DF50 56EE 19A3 258A  D628 22DE AD56 EEBE 8DDD