Markus Fischer wrote:

> > Yes I also see a danger there.
> > Procedural is still the method choosen by most newbies and also used a
> > lot of established (php) professionals.
> > So what ever we do, we should always provide atleast the same level of
> > functionality without the OO interface
>
>     What tells you that? I see more OO code then procedureal when
>     I browser through misc. sources.

I host ~30 domains here. I offer PHP to them, carte blanche. Not a single one
of them uses classes of any sort except myself. I don't write the scripts,
they do.

I have done a _lot_ of searching looking for code snippets to learn from in
the past year. The vast majority of that code is not OO in nature, instead it
is straight-up procedural.

PHP is an awesome tool because it allows for both worlds to collide without
interfering with each other. It is relatively easy to learn the basic concepts
because one is not forced to learn abstracted methods such as object
hierarchies just to get a simple (and sometimes not so simple) task done.

Let's not break that now.

--

Craig Morrison
  MTS Professional @ http://www.mtsprofessional.com/