On 2002-3-01 15:43, Joao Prado Maia wrote:
> So ? I didn't see any C code from Zak either. If all we are doing right
> now is speculating on the creation of a PHP based 'prototype' of this
> MySQL-only abstraction thing, why is it more interesting than a existing
> package like PEAR::DB ?
>
> Talk is just that - talk. The weird part is that Zak probably know about
> PEAR::DB and he might even know about Stig's plan on writing a C port of
> a stable version of it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't feel very good
> about all this duplication of efforts and even more about a abstraction
> class _just_ for MySQL.

  I do know about PEAR::DB - I looked at the IDEAS file to see what was
  planned.  I probably should have reviewed the PEAR DEV list, but - hey -
  I can't read every PHP list.

  I respect the work that the PEAR team has done.  Please don't make an
  issue of something that we do not need to worry about yet.

  I will keep writing my code.  When I have something useable, I will
  present it to whoever is interested.  It can be integrated into PEAR or
  PHP or nothing -- whatever works best for the users.

--
Zak Greant

PHP Quality Assurance Team
http://qa.php.net/

"We must be the change we wish to see." - M. K. Ghandi