At 09:23 PM 6/2/2002, Björn Schotte wrote:
>* Jani Taskinen wrote:
> >     Could you explain in more detail what exactly these needs
> >     would be?
>
>As Sebastian mentioned (sorry I couldn't reply earlier,
>we are currently moving PHP-Center/PHP-Conference to a
>new machine) things like Application Server functionality
>(VL-SRM), native .NET and WebServices Support, better
>XML support and a better release management. Perhaps some
>more complexity to the language itself.

VL-SRM is happening, we can wait and see how popular it becomes.  I'm quite
in favour of having XML/SOAP support integrated in, as the origin of this
thread demonstrated.  I'm firmly against adding complexity to the language,
I believe we've filled the bucket for at least couple of years with
namespaces and exception handling.

Zeev