On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 04:44:05PM +0800, John Lim wrote:
> We might not want people to fiddle around with the internals of a class,
> for example an authentication class which holds the passwords of users.
> Even if the whole web site is Zend Encoded, doing a var_dump on $GLOBALS
> will reveal a lot about .the site.

Private variables and private functions are not a security tool.
They enforce (partially) a contract between the producer and the
user of a class. They also have big design problems, which
ultimately lead to a lot of more, and more complicated issues
(friend, protected and the like, debugging problems and so on).

Kristian

--
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE AG, Dr.-Hell-Straße, D-24107 Kiel
Tel: +49 431 386 435 00, Fax: +49 431 386 435 99