Hello,

Egan wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:32:10 -0500, "Christopher CM Allen"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >hmmm, I might live in a smaller world than you but I find tons of  small to
> >middle businesses that have no clue as to why or how things are done in
> >applications(primarily web). Sure they know the buzz words of Java etc but
> >when I come in and tell them I work with a certain tool set and that I can
> >get it done for less $ and time they really don't care if I have a hammer or
> >a mallet.
>
> Many small businesses would like to do e-commerce, but can't afford
> expensive consultants, expensive hardware, and expensive software
> tools developed by huge corporations.

e-commerce? You mean B2C? Can small business live from that? I'm afraid
not! Maybe I am wrong. :-)

> There is a vast market for web developers who use free software tools
> like Linux/Apache/PHP, and offer their services to small businesses at
> modest rates.
>
> Look at all the large corporations bleeding money and cutting staff.
> Mega-corporations are in decline, and their era is ending.  Long live
> the small business!

What? Large business are being affected because the whole networking
business is in recession. It was over-hyped for all these years because
of the Internet, so now everything is being brought down to the reality
because investors took the money from those companies. So, every other
dependent company was affected to some extent, large or small. I thought
this was clear to every body by now.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos