On Wednesday 03 April 2002 22:06, Hunter, Ray wrote:
> I am in total agreement with Justin on this one.  Many of the posters use
> "need help",  "newbie needs help" ,

I have given up on even reading posts without a meaningful subject. They go
straight into the trash can.

> etc.  We need to have some form of FAQ
> with detailed instructions on how to post so that I do not have to ask;
> "What OS are you using, what version of php, which database, etc"  This
> gets tedious and time consuming.  Not to mention the amount of posts.
>
> I've been watching Rick Emery give out tons of help, but many of his first
> questions are about clarifications on what a users is needing help on.
> Some extra detail will provide faster and reliable help.
>
> Just some extra thoughts here...
>
> I now some mailing lists will not even reply if you do not follow specific
> criteria when you post...

I think that's a jolly good idea. If people are too lazy to help themselves
by reading the FAQ (if there was one) and the posting guidelines (if there
was one) then they really don't deserve any help.

/*
One good thing about music,
Well, it helps you feel no pain.
So hit me with music;